Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Journey Through California Part 2: Carmel-by-the-Sea





                                           
I think it's safe to say that I got a little bit behind on my blogging this past week. That just means my honeymoon is doing its job! After we left the calm, quiet beaches of Cambria we trekked about 2 1/2 hours north to a small coastal town called Carmel-by-the-Sea. This is one of my favorite Central California beaches. My family and I vacationed here a few times when I was in high school, and I fell in love with the art galleries, white sand beaches, and bakeries and candy shops all over the streets. When taking Austin here, I wanted to make sure he got to experience all of my favorite parts of Carmel.

The first part of my past I wanted to share with him was the inn that my family stayed it. The Monte Verde Inn is easily in my top five favorite vacation stays. On this trip, instead of the family suite, I got to try the Deluxe King w/ Fireplace room, and it was beautiful.
                       


One of my absolute favorite places to go while staying in Carmel is a popular hiking spot called Point Lobos. It's a hiking spot my dad took me too when we came about 5 years ago. I really wanted to show Austin the views, but we got more than we bargained for! It was humpback whale season and there were quite a few out to play for the afternoon! (Sorry about the quality)



Other notable features about our stay in Carmel were the Cottage of Sweets (one of the cutest candy stores I've seen on the West Coast), The Carmel Bakery ice cream, and of course Carmel Beach! All in all, I'd say this was a pretty successful leg of our trip!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment